Skiing with a view of the St. Lawrence River
In Quebec, you will find many ski resorts, but that of Mont Sainte-Anne 30 minutes from Quebec City, is one that offers the most beautiful panoramas. At the top of the slopes, you will have a privileged view of the St. Lawrence River.
You can practice downhill skiing ($ 77 a day), cross-country skiing ($ 29 a day) or snowshoeing ($ 12 a day).
Canoeing down the rivers
The canoe is a great activity to practice in Quebec, the area is particularly suitable with many lakes and streams.
Several rivers are famous for practicing the handling of the canoe List is Below:
- The Bonaventure River is considered the most beautiful river in Quebec thanks to the emerald color and totally transparent water.
- The Devil River and L’Assomption in the Mont Tremblant Nature Park
- The river in Jacques Cartier National Park
- The Malbaie River in the National Park of the same name
- The Ashuapmushuan River, reserved for experienced people
- Go ice skating in the middle of the forest
- Another iconic activity to do during your tour in Quebec: ice skating. Difficult not to practice this sport, many neighborhoods have their own small outdoor ice rink. Children can learn to skate without much danger and adults can practice the most popular sport in Canada: hockey.
- If you want to skate in an exceptional place and you master the practice of skates, I recommend you to go to the Domaine de la Forêt Perdue in Notre-Dame-du-Mont-Carmel, about 1 hour 45 minutes from
- Montreal. You will be able to walk in the middle of the forest on a 12 km trail. The place is really beautiful.
The Saguenay Fjord
The Saguenay Fjord is a must-see during a stay in Quebec.
With its walls rising to over 400 meters, it offers superb views of the glacial valley and the Saguenay River.
The Fjord is discovered in several ways:
- Walk on one of the many hiking trails in the Fjord National Park. I recommend the Statue Trail (7km round trip) to admire a splendid view at the top.
- Sea kayaking to feel small face the immense walls of the Fjord.
- Boat cruise with integrated comments to learn more about the history and legends of the Fjord
I also advise you to take a tour of the 2 villages of L’Anse-St-Jean and Sainte-Rose-du-Nord, part of the Association of the most beautiful villages of Quebec. Nestled in the heart of the Saguenay Fjord, both offer exceptional views.